If you want to improve the nighttime curb appeal, add security, and create a magical outdoor space you and your family can enjoy, landscape lighting provides the best way to do it.
How to install landscape lighting? Installing light fixtures is easy and doesn’t need any previous experience.
Keep reading to learn more.
Table of Contents
Types of Outdoor Landscape Lighting
You can easily find the best landscape lighting for your outdoor area because of the various types available.
- Spotlights: Lights that point in one direction
- Flood Lights: Used for brightening large areas
- Down or Up Lights: If you want to upgrade the outdoor design of your property, these lights make a great option. They can beautify your lawn or create patterns on walls.
- Step Lights: Work well for stairs, pathways or walls
- Garden Lights: Ideal to highlight beautiful plants and trees in your garden
- Bollard Lights: Can shine in various directions
- String Lights: Perfect if you want a more subtle light
Which Is Best for Landscape Lighting Installation—DIY or a Professional Team
When starting any home improvement project, many homeowners may think, “I can do this myself,” especially when it involves only minor work. So, when installing modern landscape lighting for your outdoor area, a DIY feels enticing because you can save money and get the lighting you need.
While that is true, you still need to consider a few things before rolling up your sleeves.
Using a professional for outdoor lighting can provide you with a landscape lighting design suitable for your property size and needs. A professional can envision how light will shine in your garden or backyard and the effect it will provide.
Even the best lighting fixtures require maintenance. Many things may cause your outdoor lighting to fail, which is why regular maintenance becomes necessary to ensure your system stays in tip-top shape.
When professionals install traditional or smart landscape lighting, they can provide regular service to the system and fix any malfunctions.
If you install a lighting system yourself, you might go for solar landscape lighting. A solar lighting system is easy to install, but it depends significantly on sunlight, so it might not shine the way you want it.
A professional can recommend the best landscape lighting option based on your preferences and budget.
Cost and Maintenance of Landscape Lighting
The cost and maintenance of landscape lighting depend on the type of lighting and the number of lights you want.
A quality outdoor lighting system requires annual maintenance and costs between $500 and $5,000.
Landscape Lighting Ideas
Don’t have ideas for your outdoor lighting? No problem. We offer some that will give a new look to your exterior:
- Bright lights shining from fence edges
- Solar lanterns by the walkway
- Christmas lights along the fence
- Subtle lights hanging from the walls or arbors
- Small lights set in brick walls
- Garden lights set in rocks
Landscape Lighting Near Me
Now that you know “How to install landscape lighting,” are you ready to do it yourself, or do you need a landscape contractor professional help? If you are looking for a professional to help you install your favorite lights, look no further than New Life Rockeries.
Contact us today at (866)512-7963 to get a free quote.