Alpine rockeries are an excellent landscaping solution for homeowners who want a low maintenance outdoor space. They are compact, aesthetically pleasing, and generally require very little upkeep.
Table of Contents
What is an Alpine Rockery?
An alpine rockery is a landscape design that mixes rock gardens with alpine plants to form a low maintenance landscape. Alpine rockeries are the perfect solution for small outdoor spaces or homeowners who don’t have a lot of time for landscape maintenance. Alpine gardens are perfect for city residences as they don’t require excessive space or attention and still look wonderful.
What are alpine plants? You might be wondering. Alpine plants are those that were originally mountainous but have since been planted in all different types of landscapes. In general, alpine plants are evergreen, and so keep your alpine rockery bright all year round.
Some popular alpine plants include:
- Lady Fern
- Deer fern
- And more!
Alpine plants are the perfect way to deck out a rockery and are very versatile. Alpines come in all shapes, sizes, and colors and make the perfect addition to any rockery or garden. Another bonus to having an alpine rockery added to your landscape is that no matter what time of year it is, you will be able to find a store carrying alpines.
Benefits of Having an Alpine Garden Installed
Here are some of the best benefits of alpine rockeries in your landscape.
- Low maintenance: alpine rockeries require minimal watering and occasional weeding to make your outdoor space look trendy and fresh.
- Affordable: alpine plants are easy and affordable to come by. If you have a small garden, such projects are usually quick and low cost.
- Gorgeous in any landscape: whether you have a city residence or a suburb home, alpine rockeries make a fantastic addition to any landscape. You will never regret the simplicity, beauty, and earthy tones that an alpine garden can immediately accomplish in your landscape.
Tips for Making an Alpine Rockery
Here are several tips for how to make alpine rockeries.
- Choose a sunny spot: as mentioned, alpine plants are used to growing on sunny mountainsides. Alpine gardens don’t do as well in the shade, so it’s essential to choose a spot in your yard with direct sunlight.
- Check the drainage: alpines are naturally drought-resistant plants and do well in dryer climates. Check and make sure that the area where you are planting your alpine garden has good drainage and doesn’t flood during rainy seasons.
- Hire a professional landscaping service to design your alpine rockery: and this last tip brings us to:
Contact an Alpine Rockery Installation Service
At New Life Rockeries, we have more than three decades of experience helping homeowners design the perfect landscape. We are proud to offer quality landscaping, alpine rockery installation, and outdoor design services. If you have questions about having an alpine garden installed or want to get a quote from our team, give us a call today.