“What are the best tips for how to build cinder block retaining walls?”
Whether you’ve decided to have a cinder block retaining wall installed in your landscape for practical or aesthetic purposes, this article outlines the best tips for how to build a retaining wall with cinder blocks as well as helpful design tips in order to help you create the highest-quality retaining wall.
Continue reading to learn our best tips for building a retaining wall with cinder blocks or get in touch with New Life Rockeries if you’d like to enlist one of our professionals to build a retaining wall with cinder blocks at your home.
How To Build a Cinder Block Retaining Wall: 6 Steps
Here are six steps to follow during your cinder block retaining wall construction.
If you have any questions relating to building a cinder block retaining wall, get in touch with our team of retaining wall installation professionals.
How To Lay Cinder Block Retaining Wall
- Designate where you are going to build your cinder block retaining wall.
- Prepare the site by excavating the area and creating a trench with 4-6 inches of gravel evenly compacted and smooth.
- Lay your first layer of cinder block and check with your level that the wall is straight once the cinder blocks are laid.
- Fill the cores of your cinder blocks with crushed gravel and lay your second layer (make sure that you’re using your level after laying each cinder block layer to ensure that you don’t end up with a crooked retaining wall).
- Once you’ve reached your desired height for your retaining wall, cap the wall using your capstones.
- Make sure that you backfill with gravel and use your level one last time to ensure that everything is even.
How To Build a Cinder Block Retaining Wall On a Slope
If you’ve been wondering how to build a retaining wall on a slope with cinder blocks, the process is slightly different and more complicated than building a retaining wall on a flat surface.
If you are new to the world of building retaining walls, we recommend that you enlist the help of a qualified retaining wall installation company.
How To Build a Small Retaining Wall With Cinder Blocks
Building a small retaining wall with cinder blocks is essentially the same as building a medium or large retaining wall.
You get to determine the dimensions of your retaining wall and so have full control over how tall and wide your wall is.
3 Cinder Block Retaining Wall Ideas
When it comes to cinder block retaining wall designs, here are three creative ideas for you.
- Retaining wall cinder blocks with plants cascading over the edge.
- Cinder block retaining wall with flowers planted in the top cinder blocks.
- Alternating shapes and colors throughout your cinder block retaining wall.
Contact a Retaining Wall Installation Service Today
If you are ready to have a cinder block retaining wall installed in your landscape, get in touch with New Life Rockeries today.
Our retaining wall installation professionals have been helping Washington State homeowners get beautifully, practically designed retaining walls installed in their landscapes for more than three decades and we’d love to use our skills to add beauty to your landscape.
Get in touch with our team of retaining wall installation specialists today to learn more about our installation capabilities, availability, or to request a custom quote for your cinder block retaining wall installation.